Our Instructors create an engaging atmosphere for participants! To be a Safe Sitter® Instructor you must:
- Be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent, and 2 years of experience in health care, child care (including parenting), or youth work.
- Be current in a CPR course that requires a minimum of a skills performance test in infant and child CPR, such as Heartsaver® CPR/AED from the American Heart Association
- Enjoy teaching young teens and being a role model.
- Commit to teaching at least one class per year.
- Have access to infant and child CPR manikins. If you do not have manikins, you may purchase them or borrow them from a community partner.
- Complete Safe Sitter® Instructor training.