Sure, it looks like a trendy silicone bracelet but it’s so much more. You requested it, so the Graphics Pack went digital, and it features a PDF presentation for you to use as you teach. Here’s how you should use it, and why you’ll always want to!
- Start each class by unsnapping the wristband and inserting it in your flash drive. Select the course you are teaching, pull up the first slide (“Welcome to Safe Sitter®”) and you’re ready to go. It’s that easy!
- There’s an “About You” slide immediately after the Welcome where students have the chance to tell a little bit about themselves and share what they hope to learn in class. Don’t skip this opportunity for them to break the ice and begin to feel comfortable with you and their fellow students.
- When you go digital and scroll through the slides, you need to follow along with the Instructor Manual.
- The presentation also features new graphics that will keep students engaged and reinforce important key concepts. Adding this digital component enhances the learning experience for your students, who’ve grown up with technology, multi-task better than we did at their age, and have little patience for long pages of text.
- If you can’t go digital, you can still print out the posters from the presentation. Graphics for all three courses are on the flash drive: Safe Sitter® Essentials, Safe Sitter® Essentials with CPR, and Safe Sitter® Expanded. However, this is another major advantage of using the presentation. You don’t need to print out and hang the posters in your classroom space, or worry about them getting lost or damaged. It really pays to go digital
- If you teach with more than one Instructor, you can take turns advancing the slides for one another. Or if you have a new Instructor who wants to observe a class before teaching, have him or her advance the slides for you. It will be a big help for you and give the new Instructor a low-pressure way of becoming more familiar with the curriculum before teaching for the first time.
Change isn’t easy, but oftentimes it ushers in something better. The digital presentation will make the learning experience better for your students, but it will also make the teaching experience better for you. We all know that while change requires effort, it always comes with the reward of knowing we are helping students keep themselves safe, learn life-saving skills, become better babysitters, and realize their potential.