Site Coordinator Changes: What You
Need to Know
Teaching Sites are most vulnerable during a Site Coordinator transition. Often, the transition isn’t expected, so there’s no plan in place on how to deal with it. Here’s what new Site Coordinators need to know to take the helm and keep a Safe Sitter® program going in the right direction.
- Once you know about your change, notify Safe Sitter® immediately by emailing your Program Support Specialist or email@example.com with your new Site Coordinator’s contact info. They’ll send your new coordinator an email with a login to access forms and tools on the Safe Sitter® website.
- Your new Site Coordinator will be emailed a link to access Safe Sitter’s Policies and Procedures. It’s vital that all Site Coordinators review and familiarize themselves with these requirements for running an accurate, successful program.
- We’ll email your new Site Coordinator a handy Welcome Booklet. The booklet is a reference guide that contains contact information, frequently asked questions, reminders about Site Coordinator responsibilities, and more.
- One of a Site Coordinator’s most important jobs is ordering teaching supplies. We’ll direct your new coordinator to safesitter.org/orders for information about ordering, and emphasize that credit card orders may be entered conveniently and securely online. (This same information is also in the Welcome Booklet.)
- Promoting classes can pose one of the biggest challenges for Site Coordinators. It doesn’t have to be stressful or time-consuming! We make it much easier by referring them to the Program Marketing section of our website where they can request custom-made flyers to advertise classes.
- Let your Program Support Specialist know when your first class with your new Site Coordinator will be. She’ll make contact both before and after the class date to offer assistance and answer questions. For a new coordinator, these two touchpoints provide welcome reassurance to let them know they’re not alone as they assume their new role.
The key thing to remember is: if you experience a Site Coordinator change, don’t panic. This change doesn’t have to spell the end of your Safe Sitter® program. We’re here to offer handholding, opportunities for questions, and support to help you keep your program going for years to come!