Independent Instructors can start offering Safe Sitter® to your communities with a minimal investment. To teach Safe Sitter® as an Independent Instructor you must meet the following requirements:

  • Maintain certification CPR as a lay responder or CPR Instructor.
  • Be at least 18 years old with high school diploma or equivalent.
  • Have at least 2 years experience in health care, child care (including parenting), or youth work.
  • Have access to infant CPR manikins and child CPR manikins.
  • Student classes must be held in a public place that is safe. Proof of general liability insurance may be required.

A registration fee of $399 provides you with the teaching supplies you need to get started, as well as Instructor training. In addition, you’ll receive a Game Pack and Graphics Pack to use in class, marketing resources and lifetime program support. There is no annual fee.

As an Instructor, you will receive:

  • Access to the Safe Sitter® online Instructor training course
  • Instructor Resources login credentials
  • Instructor Manual to use as a guide when teaching
  • Safe Sitter® Instructor Polo

Please note, additional Instructors are not allowed to teach under Independent Instructors. Independent Instructors may co-teach classes if there is a large group of students. Visit Registered Provider Options to compare teaching options.

What is the difference between an Independent Instructor and a Teaching Site or Teaching Center?

Teaching Sites and Teaching Centers must be either a nonprofit organization with an independent board of directors, a government agency, or a legal entity that is not a sole proprietor (i.e. LLC, LLP, C-Corp, S-Corp,  or Partnership) and are able to train multiple Instructors under their license agreement.

Am I allowed to upgrade to a Teaching Site or Teaching Center later?

Independent Instructors that meet our business requirements may upgrade to either a Teaching Site or Teaching Center later and train additional Instructors. Registration and training fees will apply.

What curriculum options are available for me to offer?

As a Registered Safe Sitter® Provider, you are licensed to offer any of the Safe Sitter® curriculum offerings. To learn more about Safe Sitter® curriculum options, visit Safe Sitter® Course Information.

What teaching supplies do I need in a Safe Sitter® class?

Your registration fee includes the Game Pack and the Graphics Pack that are required to teach the comprehensive Safe Sitter® curriculum options. Additional teaching supplies include:

  • At least one infant manikin and one child manikin
  • Important Information Note Pad (at least one sheet per student) that is ordered through Safe Sitter, Inc.
  • Disposable diapers
  • Pencils, name tags, etc.