Infants have short attention spans and are frequently interested in a toy or activity for only a few minutes at a time. Be patient with infants. Do not expect more than they are capable of.
6 Months to 1 Year
- Play games where infant drops object and you pick it up. Make sure object is not breakable.
- Play nursery games like Peek-a-Boo and Patty-Cake.
- Play Hide-and-Seek with objects.
- Walk around the house looking at and naming things.
- Roll a ball to infant.
- Take stroller ride if weather is nice.
5 Things to Remember
- Infants depend completely on you.
- Infants have short attention spans.
- Infants require constant watching.
- Infants like soft noises.
- Infants like being walked and talked to.