Doing things with school-age children can be a lot of fun for both of you. You may have forgotten how much fun some of these activities are.
- Play board games.
- Play pencil-and-paper games like Tic-Tac-Toe.
- Make up stories with words that rhyme.
- Make up games like, “Name everything you can think of that begins with C.”
- Play with crafts or activity books.
- Play with Lego® blocks or other construction toys.
- Jump rope.
- Play games like Mother May I, Red Light/Green Light, Simon Says, and Hokey-Pokey.
- Play catch, basketball, soccer, or Frisbee®.
5 Things to Remember
- School-age children are able to do things alone.
- School-age children may challenge rules.
- School-age children are close to the sitter’s age.
- School-age children love active play.
- School-age children like coloring and crafts.